Mkt. in Tangletown is serving up market-fresh dishes Wednesday through Sunday each week in their scratch kitchen. Here are a couple of their favorite healthy recipes to keep your resolutions on lock.
- 1/2 cup of packed basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup chervil
- 1 cups toasted pistachio
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 ounce pecorino romano
Mix all ingredients except EVOO and Pecorino together in a food processor or blender. Once mixed, slowly add in 1/2 to 3/4 cups EVOO, until creamy texture. Lastly, puree in 1-ounce pecorino cheese.
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 240g All-Purpose flour
- 240g cornmeal
- 25g baking powder
- 10g salt
- 2g blackpepper, ground
- 2g pasilla oaxaca (or chipotle pepper)
- 8g turmeric
- 8g coriander, toasted, ground
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, ground
- 200g butter, small diced or grated (keep cold)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caramelized onion
- 1 clove of garlic, microplaned
- 300g buttermilk
- Combine dry ingredients from Part 2 in a small bowl. Using a food processor, pulse cold butter and gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Combine Part 1 in a large bowl. Slowly add Part 1 into Part 2, mixing by hand.
- Combine Part 3 ingredients in the food processor, except buttermilk. Add Part 3 mixture and buttermilk to the flour-pumpkin mixture. Combine by hand. Should be fairly stiff. Roll into balls just smaller than the size of a golf ball.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-5 minutes until cooked through.